Saturday, October 10, 2009

Peanut Update

(Peanut in her first-for-the-season, still-to-big, winter outfit)

I've realized it's been awhile since I've posted any updates on Peanut's status and I would also like to start recording some of her favorites. Since they change so much so often.

She's been doing really well. We're now going 3 months between doctor visits and labs are only once a month unless something comes up. It's been super nice. We're getting closer to getting her off prednisone which really excites me. And her Prograf dosage was once again reduced! Yeah for a little bit more immune system! Haha. Right now we're in the process of switching blood pressure meds which is a little annoying but nothing compared to what I've had to deal with in the past! And she, surprisingly, does really well at holding still for the blood pressure checks. I have been noticing a lot more lately what a little angel I am raising and can't complain about the occasional tantrums.

The only concerns in her care right now are:
1. If she'll make any more vessels to bypass her clotted portal vein (if not, she'll eventually have to have a shunt placed).
2. Preventing the flu and other fun winter season illnesses. And as always
3. Watching for, and hopefully avoiding, any liver rejection.

I'm just so glad to have her with us and doing so well! She is just so much fun!

Some of her favorites right now:
1. The color purple. If you ask her what color something is she'll almost always say purple even though she knows other colors.
2. Dora the Explorer. She finally got over her Elmo obsession and moved on to Dora. Oh joy! Haha
3. The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Although, she has been choosing to watch Dora over 'Pizza' lately, much to her dad's dismay.
4. Juice boxes. This includes Capri Sun. Pretty much anything she can drink from a tiny straw but mostly apple juice.
5. Treats and snacks. Of course she had to get her mother's sweet tooth!
6. Bahka. I can't leave Grandma off the list because of the major tantrums Peanut would throw when it was Mason's turn to have Grandma ride with him.
7. 'Wee's' This is what she calls slides, swings, and pretty much playgrounds of any kind. She loves them and would play at them all day if I let her. There is usually bribery of some sort to get her to leave.
8. Going. Anywhere. She just likes to be on the move and out and about seeing different people and different things.

2 comments:

lydia said...

Great post! Thanks for the update. I should start putting Kate's ever changing favorites on my blog too. A great way to journal and share all in one, eh?

Mitchell Family said...

It was fun to see you guys last weekend! Thanks for putting up with us, and our crazy kids :o) Peanut is so cute!!

 
Clicky Web Analytics