Peanut was transfered at about 3 yesterday afternoon! Happy day! We're now in the ICS unit where you HAVE to wash your hands before you come into the unit and where all the doors are ALWAYS closed because they have special air systems that only allow air to leave the room and not come in. It's pretty cool - just loud. It's a really nice unit too. They have a room specially for parents where you can do laundry, store food, hangout, etc. It's not too bad. If you have to live at the hospital this would be where to stay. My only addition would be to have the couch/bed that we had while on the surgical unit so that Luke and I could both stay here.
She's been doing a lot better and I actually got some laughs out of her yesterday and today - too cute! It's all a pretty slow process but she's still headed in the right direction which is all that matters!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

8 comments:
p.s. I FINALLY subscribed to you blog...I'll be sure to keep up now. :-)
Congratulations on the upgrade! Hadn't checked on you in a few days but sounds like things are improving, we are so happy to hear that.
Sending my love and kisses to all of you. Keep smiling! You are a grand example to us all.
LUV YA! Mom Mitchell
Hello there, I know that you don't know me. But I was just looking around at different blogs and happen to come across your little families. I know your husband Luke, we grew up in the same ward forever ago. Anyways your baby girl is beautiful! Those eyes are amazing. It looks like things are going a lot better for you guys. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers.
Kassy (Judkins) Stuart
It was SO good to see you guys last night, and little peanut is seriously one of my heros! She's amazing! You can already tell she just gonna be one of those types that can handle anything life throws her way!
You two are also on my list of heros. Keep the faith! You're awesome!
Hi~!
Glad to hear things are working better for Peanut. It is an amazing experience that you are going thru and I'm sure your dependence on the Lord has greatly increased! You are a very special family. Thank goodness you've had nursing experience and I'm sure some day you will be able to help someone else in similar need because of this experience!
We are anxious to hear how things are going.
Love,
Karla Faulk
Fox Creek Ward Relief Soceity
Post a Comment