I've pretty much been 'home' since the beginning of May spending time with my mom during her last few weeks of life. I will forever cherish this time I had with her. She was an amazing women and I've always looked up to her in so many ways. I couldn't have asked for a better mother and am grateful most of all for all that she taught me. She didn't teach me through words but more through her example. I'm grateful for her patience in raising me and for never giving up on me. I'm where I am now and more able to cope with this tragedy because of her. This road will not be easy and she will be greatly missed but I KNOW that if I live worthy I will see her again! I'm so grateful for my Savior and his sacrifice, and my parents and my own temple marriages, which make that possible.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

10 comments:
Sorry to hear of your loss. When my grandmother passed away in January I remember her referring to death as "GRADUATION" from this life and how those still here will need to fill the role(s) that she had. So as you contemplate this time in your life the thing that helped me is that I reflected alot on what she taught me and I thought about what life's lessons she taught that I would want to pass down, the stories that she told, the experiences she shared, and the love that she gave -- all this can be expressed and passed on by you. Though this transition in your life may be tough I can only remember a quote by Leonardo DiVinci
"While I thought that I was learning how to live, I have been learning how to die."
How true that this statement is that our whole purpose here is to gain a body -- learn life's lessons in preparation to die and pass on to the next phase of life and returning to our Heavenly Father. I guess this is why my grandmother called death "graduation" -- we live life for that day. We wish you only the best and you go through this time.
Makayle,
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family have certainly been through a lot the past couple of years and I admire you for all you do and how you seem to cope so well. I know you probably don't feel like you're an example, but I have looked up to you a lot. I hope that you find some peace and comfort in the coming days. You and your family will be in my prayers.
Oh my goodness, I am so sorry to hear about your mom Makayle. I hope you are doing alright. If you ever need anything please let me know.
I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. You and your family will be in our thoughts.
...just want you to know you're being thought of and will be carried in my heart as you go through this healing process...
Thank you so much for your sweet comment on our blog. As I went to your blog today I was brought to tears at the loss of your mom. I am so sorry. I don't know why we have to go though so much in this life, but I am so grateful for the blessings of the temple. I seriously don't know how people can deal with situation like this without it!
I am so glad that Kaisa is doing so well. She looks great. I can't wait for our little kiddos to meet each other and compare scars! Too bad we won't be able to make it out to the 10 year reunion.
-Kim
Makayle I am so sorry to hear about this. I hope you and your family are ok! I know I am far but if you ever did need anything let me know!
Makayle, that last post was beautiful, a very lovely tribute to a wonderful life! Your testimony gives me such strength and assurance of the truthfulness of this gospel. If you need anything, don't feel bad about asking! Your family is in our prayers...love ya guys
We got Krystal & Haini's Wedding invitation in the Mail today and started checking out their blogspot and of course being family I had to snoop around for other blogspots... Came acrossed this one and just wanted You and Luke to know how sorry we are about Aunt Phyllis. (My heart goes out to you both.) We felt so bad that we couldn't come back for the funeral. Anyway, the pictures of the all kids both on your site and Kody's are so fun to see and they are getting so big. Just thought we would post a note and also invite you to check out some of our new adventures at our blogspots. We have two.... One that is public / business (www.anniespantry.blogspot.com)and one that is designed more just for the family / genealogy. (www.anamarproductions.blogspot.com)
Hope we can stay in touch and if you ever need a great beach vacation, you can come our way to Myrtle Beach, S.C.
Hugs to you all.... Anavon, Marty & Boys. email, anamarproductions@yahoo.com
Makayle,
I am so sorry to hear about your mom, your tribute to her brought tears to my eyes, she was a very neat lady who was loved by many. I know it's been a long time since the elementary days, but I always felt your mom was such a strong and loving woman and mother. I hope you are able to find comfort during these difficult times and I want you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers.
Post a Comment