We had quite a busy day a couple of weeks ago (labs, doc appt, CT scan) and I've had lots of people asking for the results. I think I'll start with the bad news so we can end on a happy note!
- Peanut's portal vein is completely clotted off. BUT she has formed collaterals so they aren't too concerned about it (I think).
- We also thought that she still had some ascites attributing to her big belly, but that is not the case. The radiology report said (now this is coming from my memory of what the nurse read to me over the phone, which might not be totally accurate) that she had some edema in her mesentery. Also, the doctor commented on Peanut's ab muscles not being closed off and said that they're probably not all the way healed from her surgeries and/or they're just not strong enough to hold her belly in yet.
- The scan also showed some varices but they also don't seem too bad, and again I don't think the docs are concerned. (Peanut had the same thing pre-transplant but didn't require treatment then and I'm pretty sure (I'm hoping) she wont require treatment now! :)
- Her magnesium was low so we've added yet again, another med to her list! (We did get one taken off, the last one that has to be refrigerated, so I guess that makes up for it!)
Now for some good news!
-The doc gave clearance for Peanut to go to church! Yea! Still no nursery, so we'll have to take her to class with us, but at least we can all go every week! Luke and I are still a little weary so, besides Easter sunday, we might not start taking her until May.
-We are back down to once a month lab draws and we don't have to go see the doc for two whole months! (Unless something comes up of course) But that's progress in the right direction!
She is growing and changing so fast now-a-days. Sometimes I think back at what has happened in the past two years and am just blown away! I never could've imagined any of it and now I can't imagine life any other way! She just brings so much joy into our lives, even with her constant throw-yourself-on-the-floor tantrums and everything!

5 comments:
Aww........ she's such a strong kid!!!! You're an amazing mommy:)
Yes I would have to agree with Ruskan Kami Ryker about Peanut as a strong kid and her having an amazing mommy!
It's Mothers like you that make lil' mom's like me, take a step back and be Thankful for our children's health and not fret so much over the "little stuff." You are Amazing!! And lil' Peanut is such a Role Model!! She is absolutely Beautiful and is soOo lucky to have you as her Mommy!! :)
Could you uh, re-post that first part in English? ;) Sure love you guys and adore little peanut! Glad she's here and so impressed by what a trooper she's been through it all! An inspiration to us all!
Wow...I'm glad you left some definitions for those words :)
Yay for all those good milestones!
Post a Comment