Thursday, July 17, 2008

Peanut Update

We had another doctor's appointment on Tuesday and Peanut's doing really well! The doctor and nurses just kept commenting on how big she's gotten and how much better she looks and acts. A couple more meds where discontinued so we're down to six meds and a multivitamin! And she continues to grow! She's 21 lbs and 29 in.

(Peanut drinking from her sippy this morning. After not getting anything through the night she was starving! She drank a whole 50 ml! Way to go Pea!)

At last month's appointment the doctor told me to only give 400 ml of her fluid at night and give her 400 during the day in whatever form we could get it in. Which meant the baby puree food counted as fluid! At this appointment the doctor was shocked that Peanut would eat 400 or more worth of baby food. It made her think that maybe she just prefers the thicker consistency. So we're going to work with the dietitian and try some more things so that we can hopefully get all of Peanut's fluid requirements by mouth but still get all the needed nutrients and get rid of the feeding tube! I know this is going to be really hard work because Peanut pulled her feeding tube out yesterday morning and since I would be taking it out tonight for pictures I decided to try extra hard in getting enough in her so that I wouldn't have to put the tube back in and take it back out and put it back in etc. Well, by the end of day I was completely exhausted and at the end of my rope, but we did it! Even though I gave her a wide variety of things and tried to give her a balanced diet, I know I can't do it this way all the time because I'm sure it wasn't everything she needed. We also had another appointment with speech therapy yesterday and she gave us some more things to try and work on so that we can get Peanut drinking enough on her own.

(Peanut's new favorite thing to do is ride on shoulders.)

She's just growing and changing so much! She can no longer be sat in one spot and be found in that same spot 10 min later. She still can't quite crawl forward but she maneuvers her way around in every other direction possible. I think it's almost time to baby proof the house. Oh, good times! She'll take a few steps while holding your hands and tries so hard to pull herself up on things. She surprises me with something new every day and I feel that if I blink I'll miss everything. Motherhood is definitely exhausting but totally worth it!


Last week our friends that moved to Washington last year were in town so we had a little BBQ with everyone in our backyard. It was a lot of fun and it made me realize how much I miss our get togethers/FHEs. I didn't get too many good pictures of the event before my camera died but the one above is of Shannon playing with Cody and Kristin's little boy and Peanut just enjoying the entertainment in the background!

5 comments:

Katie said...

What a big and beautiful little girl! She is growing up fast, I can hardly believe it.

Marci said...

oh my heck; yes! If you ever find that, please let me know. I love stuff like that. thanks for sharing the memory! I wish we could have lived closer and played together more as we grew older!

us said...

yeah!!!!!!!!! I am so glad that peanut is drinking a little better.I cant wait till peanut can start crawling or walking, the girls will have a blast. Good luck with liquids. Love us

Mitchell Family said...

What fun times! We are all excited to see you at the cabin this week! I can't believe that it has almost been a year since we were all there last - and so much has happened. I still love the pict of Bit and Peanut laying by each other on the nasty green carpet. We'll have to get an update this year :o).

Ellen said...

Go peanut! Chug, chug, chug! This is probably the baby equivalent of climbing a mountain. What a tough cookie! Well, both of you are tough cookies!

 
Clicky Web Analytics